The Eastern Kentucky University football team wraps up the first half of the 2013 season Saturday with a home game against Austin Peay. Game time is set for 6 p.m.
All kids 12-and-under get free admission to Saturday's game as part of the Kid's Day promotion. Following the game, EKU will hold its final fireworks display of the season.
In case you can't make it to Saturday's game, the contest will be broadcast on the OVC Digital Network.
Eastern (2-3, 0-1 OVC) will be looking to avoid its first 0-2 start in conference play since 2006. The Colonels have won 13 straight meetings against Austin Peay (0-4, 0-0) at home dating back to 1977.
Earlier in the day Saturday, three former Colonel football players will be inducted into the EKU Athletics Hall of Fame – LB Tony McCombs (1994-96), OL Joe Spadafino (1982-85) and OL Chris Sullivan (1981-84). McCombs was the 1996 OVC Defensive Player of the Year while Spadafino was a 1985 first team Kodak All-American at left guard. Sullivan started 52 consecutive games on the offensive line and was a starter on the 1982 FCS national championship team.
Eastern Kentucky has an open date next weekend and will return to the field on Saturday, Oct. 19 as part of Homecoming weekend against Tennessee Tech.
--Click here for EKU game notes.
--Click here for the Austin Peay football web site.
--Click here for APSU's game notes.
-- Saturday's game can be seen on the web for FREE on the OVC Digital Network.
--Saturday's game can be heard locally on WCYO 100.7 FM. Click here for live radio broadcast! WCYO is now streaming on most mobile devices. Download the TuneIn Radio app, available for iPhone/iPod/iPad, Android, Blackberry, Palm and Windows Phone.
--Click here for live stats!
Twitter: @EKUSports, @EKUFootball, #GoBigE
--Tickets are available by calling the EKU ticket office at 859-622-2122. The ticket office will open at the football stadium at 4:30 p.m. The ticket box office is now accepting these major credit cards - Visa, MC, Discover and American Express. Stadium gates will open at 4:30 p.m.
--Click here for directions to Eastern Kentucky University.
--Saturday's forecast in Richmond calls for partly cloudy skies and a high of 85 degrees. Sunset is at 7:14 p.m., with temperatures dropping into the mid-60s at night.
--EKU's defense is allowing 45.7 points per game in its three losses and 15 points per game in the two victories.
--Eastern has turned the ball over nine times in five games this season, including four times last week at Eastern Illinois. The Colonels turned the ball over just nine times all season in 2012 while ranking second nationally (FCS) in turnover margin (+19). This year, EKU ranks seventh in the OVC in turnover margin (-1).
--Eastern Kentucky and Austin Peay rank first and second in the OVC in time of possession. Austin Peay leads the league in that statistic (31:57) while the Colonels are right behind at 31:31. Last week was the first time in 15 games that EKU did not possess the ball more than its opponent. The Colonels' time of possession at Eastern Illinois was 29:45.
• The Alumni Coliseum east side parking lot will close at 11 p.m. on Friday night before the game. Any cars remaining in the lot after that time are subject to tow. The lot will reopen Saturday morning at 9 a.m.
• A reminder to Colonel Club members: an alternate route to the Colonel Club parking area is available by entering near Model School.
• Alternate parking areas include: Brockton Lot, located off Van Hoose Drive and behind the Brockton Apartments; Greg Adams Tennis Complex Lot, located across the Bypass from Roy Kidd Stadium.
• Please use one parking space per car or truck.
• Because of the large amount of pedestrian traffic that occurs on Kit Carson Drive after each home football game, Kit Carson Drive will be closed to southbound traffic from the Park Drive intersection to the Van Hoose intersection and will be closed to all traffic from the Van Hoose intersection to the Eastern Bypass intersection after each home game. This closing will occur at the end of each game and will last normally for a period of thirty (30) to forty-five (45) minutes. However, the closing may occur earlier and last longer than anticipated depending on traffic conditions and the size of the crowd.
To ensure that you and all fans have a positive tailgating experience, we ask that you observe the following guidelines:
• All state and local laws must be observed.
• Responsible alcohol consumption will be allowed in designated locations in the Colonel Club and Alumni Parking lots for attendees age 21 or older only.
• For safety reasons, all beverages shall be consumed from plastic or paper cups and not in cans or bottles.
• Kegs are not permitted.
• Please clean up your tailgating area before going to the game or leaving the parking area.
• Please behave in an appropriate and responsible manner. Throwing objects or climbing on vehicles is not permitted.
Handicapped Ticket Information
• The handicapped seating area at Roy Kidd Stadium is located on top of the hill in the end zone opposite the scoreboard.
• Patrons must purchase a General Admission ticket to watch the game from this area.
• Patrons are welcome to have a companion sit with them in the area. Folding chairs are provided for any guests that need them.
• The handicapped accessible restrooms are located inside the Begley Building, behind section A under the ramp from the student entrance.
• Handicapped parking is available in the Moberly Lot past the Stadium off Roy and Sue Kidd Way on the right from the Bypass.